Dear SHAPE America CSPAP SIG members,
SHAPE CSPAP (Comprehensive School Physical Activity Program) SIG is delighted to announce two calls for nominations: (I) 2020-2021 Innovative Paper Award, and (II) 2021-2022 SIG Chair-Elect. Please consider nominating those that fit one or both of the two calls (self-nomination acceptable).
I. The Innovative Paper Award is given to the author(s) of a paper published in a refereed scholarly journal during the year prior to the annual National Convention. The nominated papers will be reviewed and scored by a selection committee. The winning paper must meet the following criteria:
1. Have a clear focus on CSPAP (research, practice, advocacy, and/or policy);
2. Be published in a refereed scholarly journal;
3. Appeared in print during the 2020 calendar year (Epub ahead of print is not eligible);
4. Represent a high level of scholarship;
5. Be clearly and effectively written;
6. Have the potential to make a significant impact to CSPAP;
7. Primary author(first or senior corresponding author) must be a CSPAP SIG member (by the nomination deadline).
Guidelines for the nominations:
1. Paper must have been published in print between January 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020 (Epub ahead of print is not eligible);
2. Paper must be nominated by a CSPAP SIG member;
3. Self-nominations are acceptable;
4. Nominations must be received by the Chair by 11:59pm EST, March 5, 2021.
5. Nominations must include a PDF file of the published paper and a cover letter describing the merits of the paper. Please send your nomination to the SIG and award selection committee Chair, Dr. Senlin Chen (firstname.lastname@example.org) by the deadline.
II. Chair-Elect Selection. We are asking a passionate CSPAP scholar to assume this important role of 2021-2022 Chair-Elect. The candidate must be a SHAPE CSPAP SIG member (by the nomination deadline) who has made notable contributions to the CSPAP community. The nomination package requires the following:
• A statement of the candidate’s work on CSPAP, prior leadership experience, and vision on growing the CSPAP SIG (no longer than 2 pages)
• Latest curriculum vita (abbreviated; 10 pages limit).
We are asking for nominations (both calls) to be received by 11:59pm EST, March 5, 2021. Please send your nomination to the SIG Chair, Dr. Senlin Chen (email@example.com) by the deadline. Two separate selection committees will review the nominations for the two calls. Decision will be announced at the SIG business meeting of SHAPE national convention on April 14. Thank you!
SHAPE America CSPAP SIG Executive CommitteeRecommend0 recommendationsPublished in